May 5th, 2011
"20 Questions" With Alayna LaPaille
Holy Cross junior takes on the Questions
Each week, LouisvilleCatholicSports.com will be getting to know a new student-athlete from the area by asking him/her a series of 20 questions - some in-depth, some lighthearted - that will provide insight into the thoughts and personalities of the boys and girls who are doing great things on and off the local courts, fields, tracks, and courses.
On a softball team that features no seniors, Holy Cross junior Alayna LaPaille has assumed a significant leadership role on the Cougar softball team and has hear team playing well as the regular season reaches its final month.
Holy Cross, which currently sports the fourth best record (12-4) in the 6th Region, has relied on a strong offense thus far and LaPaille is a strong contributor in that lineup. She hit her first career homerun earlier this season and continues her day-to-day role as team captain.
LaPaille, who says her dream scenario after Holy Cross would be to play softball at the University of Louisville, currently maintains a 3.8 GPA. With an outgoing personality, LaPaille says she makes friends easily and keeps a hectic because of sports, which also includes an AAU softball team she plays for.
This weekend, LaPaille and her Cougar teammates will travel to Lexington Catholic High School for the Lady Knights Tournament and will return home to play Male High School on May 9. Before her trip to Lexington, however, LaPaille took time to take part in the LouisvilleCatholicSports.com "20 Questions" segment, and her answers are below.
1. What is your favorite pump up music on game day?
"We Ready" by Archie Eversole
2. What is your ideal meal/snack before a game?
3. Why did you choose Holy Cross as your high school?
I wanted to be a part of the family atmosphere that I experienced when I visited Holy Cross as a 7th and 8th grader.
4. Which athlete do you look up to on a college/professional level?
5. What is your favorite movie quote?
“Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game” - A Cinderella Story
6. How does your faith impact your approach to sports?
It makes me a more gracious winner and loser.
7. What keeps you motivated?
My family and friends
8. All time favorite board game?
9. Droid, iPhone, or Blackberry?
10. Favorite Facebook function?
11. What is your favorite reality TV show?
The Bachelor and Teen Mom
12. What is your favorite pro team?
Cincinnati Reds because that’s my pawpaw’s favorite
13. What is your best quality/characteristic?
My outgoing personality
14. Favorite junk/comfort food?
Chocolate rice krispy treats
15. What is your favorite hour of the day?
16. What is your nickname and how did you get it?
"Lanie Lou" from my pawpaw
17. Where is your favorite place to volunteer/provide community service?
Rockford Manor nursing home – my great grandma was there for two years
18. What is one hidden talent that you possess?
Singing… just kidding
19. If time machines were real and you could only travel in one direction - forward or backward - which would you choose and why?
Forward to see what God has planned for me
20. What is your proudest athletic moment?
When I got the game winning hit in our 8th grade city championships for St. Andrew Academy