April 12th, 2012
"20 Questions" With Carly Johnson
Holy Cross High School senior takes on the Questions
Each week, LouisvilleCatholicSports.com will be getting to know a new student-athlete from the area by asking him/her a series of 20 questions that will provide insight into the thoughts and personalities of the boys and girls who are doing great things on and off the local courts, fields, tracks, and courses.
To see past editions of "20 Questions," visit: http://catholicsportsnet.com/louisville/page/20-questions
Name: Carly Johnson
- Age: 18
- Current school: Holy Cross High School
- Parish/grade school attended: Sts. Simon & Jude followed by St. Nicholas Academy
- GPA: 3.98
- College attending: University of Louisville as a Dental Hygiene Major
- Bio: Member of National Honors Society; played volleyball freshman year; varsity soccer and tennis player (No. 1 doubles); has a hobby of photography.
1. What is your proudest athletic moment?
Scoring my first goal in soccer against Seneca
2. What is your ideal meal/snack before a meet?
Just orange Gatorade
3. If you were trying out for American Idol, what would be your "go to" song?
"Gunpowder and Lead" by Miranda Lambert
4. Which athlete do you look up to on a college/professional level? Why?
Mia Hamm: she had a lot of talent and was respected even as a woman athlete.
5. What is your favorite movie quote?
"I always thought that wishing on stars was for babies and crazy people." -Lottie, The Princess and the Frog
6. How does your faith impact your approach to sports?
I know that each game is in God's control. My team would pray before every game, so that all players were safe and gave it their all.
7. What is your favorite cartoon character?
Dora the Explorer
8. All time favorite board game?
Candyland, no doubt.
9. Droid, iPhone, or Blackberry? Favorite app?
10. What is your favorite local (non chain) restaurant?
First String Restaurant
11. What is your favorite reality TV show?
12. What is your greatest fear?
Losing a loved one.
13. What is your best quality/characteristic?
I'm nice to everyone! my mom tells people that I'm so nice I could make friends with the devil.
14. Favorite junk/comfort food?
Cookies and Cream chocolate.
15. What is your favorite hour of the day? Why?
2:50 p.m, it's when the bell rings to get out of school.
16. What is your nickname and how did you get it?
Carl. My sister called me that when I was in 4th grade, and it just stuck.
17. Where is your favorite place to volunteer/provide community service?
I recently worked with Kosair Children's Hospital and loved it; but I'm definitely interested in going to the Humane Society to help out.
18. What is one hidden talent that you possess?
I'm no Van Gogh, but I love to draw.
19. If time machines were real, and you could choose just one - to travel forward or backward - which would you select and why?
I would go backward to relive all of the simple times of being a kid.
20. If you could pick one person, dead or alive, and ask them just one question that they had to answer honestly, who would you pick and what would you ask?
I would ask Walt Disney, "What inspired you to create all of the characters and stories that you did?"