June 19th, 2012
"20 Questions" With Connor Sheryak
St. Xavier senior takes on the questions
Each week, LouisvilleCatholicSports.com will be getting to know a new student-athlete from the area by asking him/her a series of 20 questions that will provide insight into the thoughts and personalities of the boys and girls who are doing great things on and off the local courts, fields, tracks, and courses.
To see past editions of "20 Questions," visit: http://catholicsportsnet.com/louisville/page/20-questions
Name: Connor Sheryak
- Age: 17
- Current school: Saint Xavier
- Parish/grade school attended: CAL
- High school GPA: 3.3
- Colleges considering or attending: Undecided
- Bio: 2011 AAA State Cross Country Individual Champion, 2012 AAA Track and Field 3200m State Champion, 2x AAA State Cross Country Team Champion, 9th in the 2012 New Balance Indoor Track and Field Nationals 5000m
1. What is your proudest athletic moment?
Winning the 2011 State Cross Country Championship
2. What is your ideal meal/snack before a meet?
Oatmeal and a banana
3. If you were trying out for American Idol, what would be your "go to" song?
“Dream On” by Aerosmith
4. Which athlete do you look up to on a college/professional level? Why?
Michael Jordan. He was not only the most talented but he outworked everyone on the court.
5. What is your favorite movie quote?
“You want the truth? You can’t handle the truth.” –A Few Good Men
6. How does your faith impact your approach to sports?
I’m thankful to God that I’m able to compete in sports and be active. Our team prayer definitely calms down my nerves before races.
7. What is your favorite cartoon character?
8. All time favorite board game?
9. Droid, iPhone, or Blackberry? Favorite app?
iPhone. Twitter App
10. What is your favorite local (non chain) restaurant?
Lynn’s Paradise Café
11. What is your favorite reality TV show?
12. What is your greatest fear?
13. What is your best quality/characteristic?
I’m honest with people.
14. Favorite junk/comfort food?
15. What is your favorite hour of the day?
16. What is your nickname and how did you get it?
I’ve never had a nickname.
17. Where is your favorite place to volunteer/provide community service?
Habitat for Humanity ReStore Center. It’s really a great program.
18. What is one hidden talent that you possess?
I can play Ping Pong pretty well.
19. If time machines were real, and you could choose just one - to travel forward or backward - which would you select and why?
Backward so that I can see for myself what I’ve learned in History Class.
20. If you could pick one person, dead or alive, and ask them just one question that they had to answer honestly, who would you pick and what would you ask?
Jesus “What happens after death?”