July 19th, 2012
"20 Questions" With Olivia Wagner
Presentation rising senior excels in Tennis, Field Hockey
Each week, LouisvilleCatholicSports.com will be getting to know a new student-athlete from the area by asking him/her a series of 20 questions that will provide insight into the thoughts and personalities of the boys and girls who are doing great things on and off the local courts, fields, tracks, and courses. To see past editions of "20 Questions," visit: http://catholicsportsnet.com/louisville/page/20-questions
Current school: Presentation Academy
Current sports playing: Tennis and Field Hockey
Parish/grade school attended: St. Agnes
High School GPA: 3.85
Colleges considering or attending: Committed to play at Central Michigan University
Olivia has been on the Varsity Field Hockey team at Presentation Academy since her freshman year. She plays hockey year round, indoors in the winter and outdoors in the spring with her club team Bluegrass. She has played in many tournaments including Disney Showcase, National indoor tournament; Club Championship and the National Hockey Festival. She is also a member of the USA Futures program and has made it to the Nationals twice. She was selected as a Futures Elite athlete. She also enjoys playing on the Varsity Tennis team at Presentation Academy. As well as being a member of NHS, NAHS, and the interact club, she attended two alternative spring break mission trips to Appalachia and spent ten days in Europe.
1. What is your proudest athletic moment?
I honestly don’t think I can pick the moment I’ve been most proud. However I am always proud when I know I’ve played my personal best and the people that support me are proud.
2. What is your ideal meal/ snack before a game?
Anything with peanut butter or Nutella on it and some energy cubes.
3. If you were trying out for American Idol, what would be your “go to” song?
“Don’t Stop Believing” by Journey because everyone can sing along and I won’t sound so horrible.
4. What athlete do you look up to on a college/ professional level? Why?
Rachel Dawson, a member of the USA Women’s National Team. She is a brilliant player and extremely dedicated. A couple of my friends and I met her at a tournament last year and she was so nice! I think she has a great outlook on the game and life in general.
5. What is your favorite movie quote?
“First you must find... another shrubbery! Then, when you have found the shrubbery, you must place it here, beside this shrubbery, only slightly higher so you get a two layer effect with a little path running down the middle…” –The Knights of Ni (Monty Python and the Holy Grail)
6. How does your faith impact our approach on sports?
I thank God for my ability to play sports and for my competition and their abilities as well. Before the game I ask God to protect me and everyone on the field, it is not fun when someone gets hurt.
7. What is your favorite cartoon character?
Stewie from family guy
8. What is your favorite board game?
Life! I always get excited when I land on those spots where you get a baby boy, girl or twins I don’t know why; something about the satisfaction of putting those pink or blue pegs in the back of your fake car.
9. Droid, iphone, or Blackberry? Favorite App?
Iphone.. My favorite app would be Pandora because it’s like a radio but the songs aren’t overplayed!
10. What is your favorite local (non chain) restaurant?
Roots/ Heart and Soy on Bardstown Rd.
11. What if your favorite reality TV show?
12. What is your greatest fear?
13. What is your best quality/ Characteristic?
My compassion for animals and people
14. Favorite junk/ comfort food?
Anything with Oreos in it
15. What is your favorite hour of the day? Why?
3:00 because that’s what time school ends.
16. What is your nickname and how did you get it?
Livvy, livers, liv, olive any kind of shortened version of my actual name. Also my friend calls me pancakes because of a misinterpretation.
17. Where is your favorite place to volunteer/ provide community service?
Appalachia, it’s beautiful and so are the people there
18. What is your hidden talent?
A quite brilliant British accent
19. If time machines were real, and you could choose just one – to travel forward or backward – which would you select and why?
I would choose Backward because I would be able to live through life changing events in American history; but mostly because I think if I saw my future before I lived it, then there would be no surprise to my life after that.
20. If you could pick one person, dead or alive, and ask them just one question that they had to answer honestly, who would you pick and why?
I would ask my Grandpa what heaven is like because I’ve always wondered.