February 17th, 2017
20 Questions with Pierce Kiesler
On a weekly basis, Louisville Catholic Sports posts the Sullivan University "20 Questions" feature that will highlight a high school student-athlete in the local Catholic high school community. If there is a student-athlete that you’d like to know more about, email future suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Name: Pierce Kiesler
Current school: Saint Xavier
Current Sports playing: Basketball
Parish/grade school attended: Holy Family (Indiana).
Colleges considering or attending: None currently.
1. What is your proudest athletic moment?
I was first able to dunk in 7th grade
2. What is your ideal meal/snack before a game?
3. If you were trying out for American Idol, what would be your "go to" song?
Hips don’t lie by Shakira.
4. Which athlete do you look up to on a college/professional level? Why?
College – Malik Monk because I love the way he plays. Professional – Lebron James because of his constant strive for greatness and how well rounded of a player he is.
5. What is your favorite movie quote?
"Run, Forrest! Run!" – Forest Gump
6. How does your faith impact your approach to sports?
It impacts my approach because it makes me much more thankful for all the blessings and abilities that I have.
7. What is your favorite cartoon character?
9. Droid, iPhone, or Blackberry? Favorite app? iPhone, favorite app – Snapchat.
10. What is your favorite local restaurant?
11. What is your favorite reality TV show?
12. What is your greatest fear?
Snakes and bugs.
13. What is your best quality/characteristic?
I consider myself to be a friendly person.
14. Favorite junk/comfort food?
Nacho Cheese Doritos.
15. What is your favorite hour of the day? Why?
3 p.m. because that is when we get out of school and I get to go play basketball.
16. What is your nickname and how did you get it?
JP because my first name is John but I go by Pierce so they just put my initials together.
17. Where is your favorite place to volunteer/provide community service?
Saint Joseph of Arimathea Society, helping with funerals for the poor and homeless.
18. What is one hidden talent that you possess?
I can do the wave with my eyebrows.
19. If time machines were real, and you could choose just one - to travel forward or backward - which would you select and why?
I would travel to the future because we already know about the past and I would like to see what the world would be like and what changes would be made to basketball.
20. If you could pick one person, dead or alive, and ask them just one question that they had to answer honestly, who would you pick and what would you ask?
I would ask Dr. James Naismith what gave him the idea and what inspired him to create basketball.