February 24th, 2017
20 Questions with Taylor Allen
On a weekly basis, Louisville Catholic Sports posts the Sullivan University "20 Questions" that will feature a high school student-athlete in the local Catholic high school community. If there is a specific athlete that you’d like to know more about, email future suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Name: Taylor Allen
Current school: Assumption High School
Current Sports playing: Basketball and track.
Parish/grade school attended: St. Margaret Mary
GPA (optional): 3.975
Colleges considering or attending: University of Indiana - Bloomington and University of Tennessee – Knoxville.
1. What is your proudest athletic moment? My proudest athletic moment was during my sophomore track season. I ran my first 58 second 400-meter dash.
2. What is your ideal meal/snack before a game? My favorite meal before a game is a spoon full of peanut butter and some Ritz crackers.
3. If you were trying out for American Idol, what would be your "go to" song? Wonderwall by Oasis.
4. Which athlete do you look up to on a college/professional level? Why? My favorite professional athlete is Kyrie Irving. I think he’s an outstanding ball handler and shooter. I believe he can be the most valuable player on the floor and a remarkable leader.
5. What is your favorite movie quote? “Fear and panic are two separate emotions. “Fear is healthy, panic is deadly.” – Chasing Mavericks
6. How does your faith impact your approach to sports? I focus on maintaining a positive attitude during every practice or game. Also, I try to coach up and support my teammates at all times.
7. What is your favorite cartoon character? Tina from Bob’s Burgers.
8. All-time favorite board game? Risk
9. Droid, iPhone, or Blackberry? Favorite app? IPhone. Favorite app – Pokémon Go.
10. What is your favorite local restaurant? Oishi Sushi on Taylorsville Road.
11. What is your favorite reality TV show? I don’t watch TV much, but my favorite show on Netflix is The Office.
12. What is your greatest fear? A zombie apocalypse.
13. What is your best quality/characteristic? My positivity and enthusiasm on and off the court.
14. Favorite junk/comfort food? Reese’s or chocolate brownie ice cream.
15. What is your favorite hour of the day? Why? My favorite time is around 10 p.m. because I’m able to relax and think about my day.
16. What is your nickname and how did you get it? My teammates call me T, short for Taylor. My coaches call me T-Rex because they say I have long legs but short arms.
17. Where is your favorite place to volunteer/provide community service? Heuser Hearing and Language Academy is my favorite place to do volunteer work. I love working with the children and I enjoy helping them learn new things.
18. What is one hidden talent that you possess? I am great at hula-hooping.
19. If time machines were real, and you could choose just one - to travel forward or backward - which would you select and why? I would go back in time to the age of dinosaurs so I could ride a pterodactyl.
20. If you could pick one person, dead or alive, and ask them just one question that they had to answer honestly, who would you pick and what would you ask? I would like to talk to the writers of the Transformer movies. I would ask him/her if there is going to be a sequel to Transformers Age of Extinction because I absolutely love the Transformer movies.