March 17th, 2017
20 Questions with Lili Cortese
On a weekly basis, Louisville Catholic Sports posts the Sullivan “20 Questions” feature that highlights a high school student-athlete in the local Catholic high school community. If there is a specific athlete that you’d like to know more about, email future suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Name: Lili Cortese
Current school: Presentation Academy
Current Sports playing: Softball and basketball.
Parish/grade school attended: Notre Dame Academy
GPA (optional): 3.4
Colleges considering or attending: Undecided
1. What is your proudest athletic moment? I don’t have one proudest moment that stands out, but I am proud of the difficult catches I have made in the outfield.
2. What is your ideal meal/snack before a game? McCallister’s club sandwich.
3. If you were trying out for American Idol, what would be your "go to" song? She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5.
4. Which athlete do you look up to on a college/professional level? Why? Peyton Manning – my family met him when he gave my cousin the Johnny Unitas Award and we have followed him ever since. He represents everything that is good about professional sports.
5. What is your favorite movie quote? “Life is not the amount of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away.” – Hitch
6. How does your faith impact your approach to sports? My faith in God keeps me grateful for the opportunity to play the sports that I am passionate about at a school that I love.
7. What is your favorite cartoon character? Shrek
8. All-time favorite board game? Scene It
9. Droid, iPhone, or Blackberry? Favorite app? iPhone & Twitter
10. What is your favorite local restaurant? Drake’s
11. What is your favorite reality TV show? Big Brother
12. What is your greatest fear? Losing someone that I love.
13. What is your best quality/characteristic? My best quality/characteristic is my humor. I love to make my friends laugh!
14. Favorite junk/comfort food? Grippo’s Potatoes Chips or Hershey Chocolate Bar.
15. What is your favorite hour of the day? Why? 3 p.m. because that’s when I get out of school.
16. What is your nickname and how did you get it? My nickname is Weezie. My Papa started calling me that when I was around two years old. It is off the cartoon Dragon Tales.
17. Where is your favorite place to volunteer/provide community service? The Ronald McDonald House.
18. What is one hidden talent that you possess? Not sure it is one, but I can touch my nose with my tongue.
19. If time machines were real, and you could choose just one - to travel forward or backward - which would you select and why? Forward to see how my life ends up because I don’t like surprises.
20. If you could pick one person, dead or alive, and ask them just one question that they had to answer honestly, who would you pick and what would you ask? I would pick Susan B. Anthony. I would ask her if she is surprised by the challenges women continue to face in today’s world regarding equal rights.