March 3rd, 2017
20 Questions with Josie Woods
On a weekly basis, Louisville Catholic Sports posts the Sullivan “20 Questions” feature that highlights a high school student-athlete in the local Catholic high school community. If there is a specific athlete that you’d like to know more about, email future suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Name: Josie Woods
Current school: Mercy Academy
Current Sports playing: basketball
Parish/grade school attended: St. Stephen Martyr
Colleges considering or attending: Indiana University Southeast
1. What is your proudest athletic moment? My proudest athletic moment was beating E’town in the LIT last year and making all-tournament team.
2. What is your ideal meal/snack before a game? My ideal snack before a game would be a strawberry NutriGrain bar and an apple.
3. If you were trying out for American Idol, what would be your "go to" song? All Star by SmashMouth.
4. Which athlete do you look up to on a college/professional level? Why? I look up to Stephen Curry not just because he is a great player, but because he is an overall respectful person to others and his family. I admire that he has stayed the same person and has not let fame or fortune change the person he is.
5. What is your favorite movie quote? “What do you want to be married to me for anyhow? So I can kiss you anytime I want.” – Sweet Home Alabama
6. How does your faith impact your approach to sports? My faith has impacted my approach to sports because it reminds me everyday of how grateful and thankful I am to get the opportunity to play the sport that I love.
7. What is your favorite cartoon character? Moana
8. All-time favorite board game? Life
9. Droid, iPhone, or Blackberry? Favorite app? iPhone, snapchat
10. What is your favorite local restaurant? Fiesta Time Amigos
11. What is your favorite reality TV show? Right now, my favorite is “Are you the One?” on MTV.
12. What is your greatest fear? Spiders and sharks
13. What is your best quality/characteristic? Genuine
14. Favorite junk/comfort food? Chips and a Moutain Dew Code Red
15. What is your favorite hour of the day? Why? Probably 12 p.m. because that's lunch time!!!!!
16. What is your nickname and how did you get it? I have a lot, but the main ones are Jo and Outlaw. I got Outlaw from my dad because of the movie “Outlaw Josie Whales” and Jo just because it is a shortened version of Josie.
17. Where is your favorite place to volunteer/provide community service? My favorite place to do service is at the Francis Center because you can help younger, unfortunate children succeed in their schoolwork.
18. What is one hidden talent that you possess? I can flip my eyelids inside out.
19. If time machines were real, and you could choose just one - to travel forward or backward - which would you select and why? I would go into the past because I would want to experience life in simpler times.
20. If you could pick one person, dead or alive, and ask them just one question that they had to answer honestly, who would you pick and what would you ask? I would talk to my grandma and I would ask her what heaven is like.