March 31st, 2017
20 Questions with Lexi Ray
On a weekly basis, Louisville Catholic Sports posts the Sullivan “20 Questions” feature that highlights a high school student-athlete in the local Catholic high school community. If there is a specific athlete that you’d like to know more about, email future suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Name: Lexi Ray
Current school: Mercy
Current Sports playing: Softball
Parish/grade school attended: St. Paul
GPA (optional): 3.6
Colleges considering or attending: Committed to UTM
1. What is your proudest athletic moment? Hitting a double my freshman year at Ulmer during the regional tournament.
2. What is your ideal meal/snack before a game? Reese’s
3. If you were trying out for American Idol, what would be your "go to" song? Climax by Usher
4. Which athlete do you look up to on a college/professional level? Why? Hannah Rodgers, I've always looked up to her as a pitcher.
5. What is your favorite movie quote? “Shake and bake”
6. How does your faith impact your approach to sports? I believe that I do all things through Christ. Our team prays before every game, it's a huge part of the game for me.
7. What is your favorite cartoon character? Minons!
8. All-time favorite board game? Sorry
9. Droid, iPhone, or Blackberry? Favorite app? Twitter
10. What is your favorite local restaurant? Roosters
11. What is your favorite reality TV show? Dance Moms
12. What is your greatest fear? Snakes
13. What is your best quality/characteristic? I'm a very caring person.
14. Favorite junk/comfort food? Popcorn
15. What is your favorite hour of the day? Why? 3pm, naptime!!
16. What is your nickname and how did you get it? Lex, it's short for Lexi.
17. Where is your favorite place to volunteer/provide community service? Dare to Care
18. What is one hidden talent that you possess? I'm a master of Uno.
19. If time machines were real, and you could choose just one - to travel forward or backward - which would you select and why? Travel back in time, just to have one more talk with Coach Dobina.
20. If you could pick one person, dead or alive, and ask them just one question that they had to answer honestly, who would you pick and what would you ask? Derek Jeter. He's been an inspiration to me for quite some time. I'd ask him what it felt like to win five World Series.